Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 1 - 10 December (Weds).

Uneventful flights to Dulles and then Heathrow.  Only had about 45 minutes to make my connection at Dulles, but made it without any issues. Flight over the pond was good. Met a nice English bloke and we chatted thru dinner and then both of us promptly fell asleep. I didn't wake up until the announcement that we were 30 minutes from landing and it was time to fill out the customs paperwork.

Customs was no problem and I felt like I won the lottery when my bag was the very first one off the baggage carousel!  

Rode the underground (Picadilly line) from Heathrow to Kings Cross rail station and then took train to Grantham. Made it into Grantham about 2:30p and was greeted with a note on the door of the B&B that said the owners would be back at 4:00p. I walked thru Grantham - I'm sure I looked like a homeless man dragging a wheeled duffle bag all thru "High Street" - looking for a pay phone to see if I could call the B&B and get checked in early. I was anxious to see Chelsea so it was frustrating having to kill an hour and half waiting to check into the B&B (The Red House).

Took cab out the Harlaxton Manor and had a nice chat with driver - he plays bass in 3 bands (one since he was 16) including an Elvis impersonation band!

Dinner at the Manor was nothing spectacular and Chelsea is right with her descriptions of their food. Pretty bland.  Hung out with Chels for a while - got the tour of the Manor and she introduced me to all of her friends.  She seems so independent now!

I'm writing this back at the B&B as I'm going to bed early (8:30p) so I can get an early start tomorrow. I'm meeting Chelsea at the train station at 8:30a and we're heading off to York!

Cheers!

No comments: