Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 1 (con't) 10 December (Weds): What's the opposite of jet lag?

My plan this evening was to retire early, sleep soundly and awaken early all refreshed and eager to go.  

I arrived back at the B&B (The Red House, Grantham) after dinner with Chelsea around 8:00p (20:00) and piddled around a bit and went to sleep around 9:00p. No trouble falling asleep, and woke up easily, what I thought would be somewhere in the 5:00a - 6:00a range. WRONG - it was only 12:28a!!!  After tossing and turning for an hour, I decided what the heck...  so I'm now writing this at 1:40a after catching up on email, facebook, etc.  Oh well, just hope I'm not dead to the world come 7:00a!!!

The taxi drivers here in Grantham are nice chaps and very chatty!  The cabbie that drove me to Grantham is a bass player in 3 bands and the one the drove me back wants to be a driving instructor!

Harlaxton Manor was cool, but not as impressive (in the dark and with all the students packing up to leave) as the photos I'd found on the web. Hope I can have some time when we come back to get Chelsea's luggage (in the daytime) to see things in a better "light"!  All of Chelsea's friends were nice and very polite. They all seemed on the verge of weepy eyes knowing that this was the last few hours together for most of them.

Tomorrow's plans call for meeting Chelsea at the train station at 8:30a and traveling to York and spending the day in York. York, according to some travel books, is the 2nd most tourist visited town in England (after London, of course), but some locals tell me that because it is very popular with the locals!  Should be fun!

No comments: